Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Trial & ERROR

The lamp that started out so exciting and beautiful, which has caused so much stress, frustration and anger, has caused even more. At this point I have decided to just junk it. I will use the glass that I can salvage for something else in the future and begin fresh from the start.

In a perfect world, I would love to finish it just for the sake of finishing and not giving up, but unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world (at least I don't) and it is no longer worth the anxiety it has been causing me. In the process of taking out the broken pieces I have created more broken pieces. Now I am afraid that even if I replace those broken ones, that other pieces might be weak enough now that they will break when I am further along in the process and that will make me very angry and depressed.

So... to avoid these negative feelings, I am going to start over. Don't worry, Heather, it is fine with me. I am happy to start over. I feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Just the thought of starting again makes me feel so much better. And I promise, this time it won't take me 2 years.

Who knows, maybe someday I will create a beautiful work of art from all the broken/extra pieces like these:







I have certainly had a lot of trouble with this lamp, but I have learned a lot. I guess all I can do is take the experience from this and improve in the future. It takes a lot of mistakes to become good at something, right?




Maybe I got some bad glass? Yeah!...I think I'll go with that. ;)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Making a lap shade out of glass is not an easy thing. Or at least thats how I see it. I mean, someone just woke up someday and was like I am going to make this beautiful... Im sure it took that person a thousand times to get it right. So having a failure only makes you and the next lamp shade you do stronger!

Good luck girl!