Friday, March 11, 2011

Fall Aspen Trees

I am still working on trying to repair the lampshade that I previously posted about. However, in the meantime I thought I would show some of my past work.


This is a picture of my third stained glass window, but the first one that I completely designed myself. I came up with the idea, drew the pattern, and then made the window. It took me what seemed like FOREVER to finish this with school and work and the many, many small pieces involved.




I have always loved going to the mountains to see the beautiful aspen trees in the fall. No matter how many times I do, I never get tired of the beauty of them. The bright yellow (and sometimes pink...weird, I know) is absolutely amazing. It never ceases to surprise me that something in nature could be so bright and colorful. And every year they seem to be brighter and more beautiful than they were in my memory.


I plan to continue the tradition of making as many trips as I can up into the mountains each fall, every year, for the rest of my life. But for the rest of the year, I love having this to look at.

6 comments:

Celeste said...

That. Is. Beautiful.

Amelia said...

Thanks! I certainly think so. ;)

Sean and Jennie said...

Amelia!
I found your blog and I am super excited about it! You are SO talented! Beautiful beautiful work! Someday when I am rich and actually have a house, I will commission a window from you to hang in my house. I hope you are doing good! Good luck with the lampshade, that must be heartbreaking=(
Jennie

Amelia said...

Thanks! I will look forward to that! ;) It was definitely disappointing for that to happen, but what can you do?

Rachel said...

I really love this piece. You have talent for sure.

Amelia said...

Thank you! This is definitely my favorite piece(so far anyway).