Thursday, March 20, 2014

Barcelona!

As a graduation gift to myself, I recently took a trip to Europe! It was my first time travelling outside of the United States and it was pretty awesome. 

The first stop: Barcelona, Spain!


Before I left, I had several people tell me that they (or someone they know) love Barcelona most out of all the places they have travelled... So my expectations were pretty high. Fortunately, I was not disappointed. Out of all the places I went on this vacation, I would have to say that my favorite was Barcelona. I can see myself living there and really loving it. The people are so laid-back and really seem to enjoy life. It's of course a lot older than the United States and I love all the old buildings and monuments everywhere.

Here are some highlights:

 Torre Agbar

Sagrada Familia

The Sagrada Familia was designed by the famous architect Antoni Gaudi and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. They began building it in 1882 and only passed the midpoint to completion in 2010. It is expected to be complete in 2026 (100 years after Gaudi's death.)



Arc de Triomf

The Arc de Triomf was built as the main access gate for the 1888 Barcelona World Fair.

Passeig de Lluis Companys



Casa Mila or La Pedrera built by Gaudi between 1906-1912.



Casa Batllo - also by Gaudi


I love the narrow streets lined with balconied buildings. 

Barcelona Cathedral (Cathedral of the Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia)





1 comment:

Sean and Jennie said...

That looks beautiful! I agree that those narrow streets with the balconies are beautiful. I am so glad you got to take this fun trip! Can't wait to hear more about it =)