Sunday, June 5, 2011

Done And Done!

Interesting tidbit:

According to UrbanDictionary.com "Done and done" is a phrase to say when one has finished something that was so involved that it is as though one has done it twice.

When I read that it kinda made me laugh because on this project I actually did do it twice. However, we can all give a big sigh of relief now, because I am DONE!!! I finally finished "The Lamp That Almost Wasn't," which is the name I just now decided to give it. From hence forward, that is what it shall be known as.

Here are some pictures of the final product:




This next one is one of me holding it up to the window so that you can get an idea of what it would look like with light shining through it. It isn't a very good representation though. The red is a lot darker red, and the green is more green, and the tan is a little lighter. So...as you can see it looks almost nothing like that, and the camera I used didn't really capture a good representation. But here it is anyway:





When my sister gets a lamp base for it maybe I will take a final final picture, and I'll try to use a better camera, so you might see what it actually looks like.


Now I will be on to another project. Hmm....what to do?


4 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh, I love it! It looks so great!

Amelia said...

Thanks! I'm certainly glad that this one turned out. I was paranoid the whole time that something would go wrong again. haha.

Rachel said...

It looks so great! i love it in the light too.

the lemon patch said...

That looks awesome! I would buy that...