Monday, June 27, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

It is always a hard thing to figure out what I want to do next as a project. There are still some people that I need to make things for, but I kind of want to do something simple and just for fun in between. As kind of a break.

I really love the Eiffel Tower. I hope that someday I will eventually get a chance to go to France. I've had the thought of doing a stained glass window with an Eiffel Tower in it for a very long time. I just couldn't seem to figure out how to do it. There is just too much detail. I finally decided to go for it. I could at least sketch something and see if I thought it would work. So... that is what I did.

I simplified it quite a bit. And then of course I love trees and nature, so I added a tree in the corner. Also, it will add a little bit more color to it.

So that is what I'm thinking of doing... a window of the above sketch. I have also wanted to learn to paint for a long time and have been struggling with whether I should do that right now or make the stained glass window. I love stained glass and want to continue doing it, but I don't know that I could manage both at the same time with school, work and the rest of my life. I have been putting off learning to paint for a long time though....

....What the heck! I might just do both at the same time. That certainly beats having to decide between one or the other.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I like the sketch! I know you will make it look fabulous.

Celeste said...

Pretty! I love the Eiffel Tower, too...very cool perspective!

Brandon Wilde said...

Yeah, do that!