Monday, January 2, 2012

Confession:

I know, I know! I've been completely slacking on my stained glass projects. And I know that I said
I was going to get some projects done by the end of the year and I didn't. So I guess I lied....school and work got a little out of hand and I didn't have as much spare time as I would have liked and then somehow I fell into a time warp because it is somehow already a new year. How did this happen? Where did the time go? I don't know the answer to either of those questions, but this year is going to be different.... starting RIGHT NOW! 2012 is MY year!

I don't really have control over how hectic school and work gets, but I am going to spend the spare time I do have more wisely (and watch my step for those pesky time warps). I am going to get serious about my stained glass and I am finally going to actually start painting. I'm just going to do it and that is all there is to it. Just you try and stop me!

 I have really started to notice Edward Hopper paintings lately and I think they are really amazing. I used to find them very plain and boring, but now I find them beautiful in their simplicity. Here are some of my favorites that make me want to pick up a brush right now and start painting on the nearest surface:





Here are some other paintings that I really love:



...by Adrian Wright


...by Karen Winters


...by Megan Andlars

So there you have it! I am inspired and I am going to do some serious stained glass-ing and some serious painting!


3 comments:

Michelle G. Pereira said...

those paintings are gorgeous! Get started on yours so others can start adding them to their list of favorites. I'm glad you are inspired and, yes, please stay away from pesky time warps LOL

Sean and Jennie said...

I can't wait to see what you do=) It was so great to see you at the wedding!

fezzik said...

Pesky time warps.
Blast them.