Friday, February 25, 2011

Snowstorms & Brainstorms

I don't know what it is about snowstorms that makes me so happy, but they do. The result of this happiness puts me in a brainstorming mood. Around this time in a project (3/4 of the way done) I also start thinking about my next project. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's the way it is. So...this morning, that is what I have been doing. Brainstorming for my next project. I am thinking of doing another lamp, but there are so many choices!

My favorite kind is the Tiffany-style lamp. There are many different styles of this type of lamp, but one beautiful example is this:



The one problem/benefit of doing this style of lamp is that I have never done one before. It would definitely be a challenge, but that always makes things more fun. Plus, I always love to learn something new.

The next style, of which I have done 1 for myself and 3/4 of another one for my sister (so far), is the panel lamp. There are also many styles of this one, but here are 2 examples:

The second one is the panel lamp that I did for myself. (It's more red than it appears in the picture). It was my first lamp. Pretty simple, but I like it.

So that is where I am today. Trying to decide what to do next. And while I love doing stained glass windows, I just feel like making a lamp at the moment.

Stay tuned for an update on my current project...

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow, Amelia, that's amazing! I was just talking to Paul the other day about my next adventure in the world of crafting, and stained glass was near the top of the list--I didn't know you were a master already! :) Now I know who to go to when I have questions!

Celeste said...

P.S. I just realized that I may have insulted you by calling it a craft instead of an art. What you do IS art. What I would do is craft...like a paint-by-numbers kinda thing. Just to clarify. :)

Culinary Contessa said...

Wow, Amelia! Those lamps are beautiful!! How long have you been making them? I'll definitely be checking in. Welcome to the blogging world! : )

Amelia said...

Thanks Celeste! I don't know that I'm a master though. You should definitely try it sometime! I really enjoy it.

And thank you, Anika! I'm a little nervous about the blogging thing. I'm just above being computer illiterate, so it might take me a while to get the hang of it. I've been working on stained glass since my senior year in high school. The only lamp that I've made is the 3rd one. And the one I'm currently working on which I will post about soon. And then I've made some windows.